Monday, October 3, 2016

STAGE DOOR Angel de Quinta

While this blog was written in Spanish, my computer actually took the time out of translating the entire script for me by simply asking me if I wanted to translate the webpage. While the translation was not perfect I was able to read what Angel de Quinta was saying, and I got a lot of insight on broadway. This blog was very informative about the many things that Broadway is about. I learned a lot about what Broadway is about, some of the things that influence it, and things that Broadway has influenced.
My favorite show that they discussed was a show about the life of Coco Chanel that starred Katharine Hepburn, titled Coco. While the translation made the blog post a bit difficult to understand, I got the basics of it. The best actress of the time was about to play the most famous designer! Hepburn had to go through intense voice lessons with Roger Eden.
While critics of the show showed an indifference towards the music, Coco still played for about a year. The public would kill to have a seat to see Hepburn showcase her vocal skills, and soon Paramount bought out the rights to make a film. However, after Hepburn left the production the show began to die out, and soon became forgotten. While the show was not a failure, it was not a large success.

No comments:

Post a Comment